Thursday, May 19, 2005

Racism or American Pride?

Most people are too scared to even begin a discussion about the dreaded R word – racism. Liberals love to remind all of us that we are a nation of racists. We did engage in a horrible slave trade for many years. I think most Americans would tell you they very much regret that terrible part of American history. And I’d also venture to guess they would do anything they could to erase those wrongs if they could. But I think we are getting to the point of ending the discussion right there. Good, kind, God fearing Americans are getting sick and tired of being called racists. The truth is there are still some people who simply hate other people because of the color of their skin. With that said, the vast majority of Americans could care less what color you are. Most good men I know will treat you according to your actions. In my opinion, that is what “fair” is all about. Getting treated special because you are a (fill in the blank here) American is the opposite of fair.

So my question is this. Am I a racist because I do not want illegal aliens of any country living within the borders of our country? Am I a racist because I am against and believe affirmative action is racist itself? Am I a racist because I love my Judeo Christian heritage and believe resorting back to that way of life is the only way to save our great country? No, I am simply a proud American who desires, more than anything, to go back to the America of calling a spade a spade and dealing with problems in a face to face manner. I desire to go back to an America of treating a man according to his words and actions. Is that too much to ask?

We need to get over ourselves. Nobody in this world are as wonderful as they would have you believe. The ACLU doesn’t care about the blacks, Muslims, illegals, etc.. in America. They care about lining their pockets from the lawsuits they bring on behalf of those people! The liberals don’t care about them either. They care about “pretending” to care so they can get their votes. America needs to wake up and go back to the days of dealing with things in a common sense way. If a man or woman does something good or bad they should be praised or punished based on their actions – not their race, gender, or religious affiliation. America used to be the land of people who were full of common sense. Now we’re a land of sheeple walking on egg shells.

It’s time to wake up and start acting like men - American men!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home